Catfish pepper soup is a very popular dish prepared in Nigeria. It is very simple and easy to make. I hope you have fun gathering the ingredients and making this, i know i did!
Minutes to Prepare: 5-10
Minutes to Cook: 20
Number of Servings: 4-6
What you need
1 Medium sized catfish
1/2 a Teaspoon of garlic
1 Bulb of onion
2 Large scotch bonnet peppers
2 Cubes of knorr/maggi
1 Teaspoon of powdered ginger
1/2 Teaspoon of thyme
1 Cup of broccoli
1 Cup of carrots
3-4 Cups of water
1 Pinch of salt – to taste
- Clean fish, cut into 4-6 portions and place in a bowl
- Slice onions, peppers, broccoli, carrots and place in a bowl
- In a medium sized pot, pour in 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil on high heat
- Add in sliced onions, peppers, carrots, thyme, garlic, ginger and knorr. Boil for 4 mins on med-high heat
- Gently place catfish into the pot and add in salt. Cover and boil on medium heat for 12 mins
- Add in broccoli. Cover pot and boil for 4 mins on low heat
Let simmer and serve when ready.
This pepper soup can be served alone or with boiled plantain or boiled yam.