For some reason ever since i got back from Nigeria, I have had a weird craving for coconut so most of my recent dishes have been inspired by that craving. I mean this was intended to be a banana muffin but somehow coconut found its way in here. I loved the crunchiness of the outer part of the muffin. Now please don’t judge my muffin, everyone who knows me knows I am not a huge baker. If you have any alternative methods please share but this was what I made and enjoyed and hope you enjoy it too.
2.5 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt
2 medium bananas
2. 5 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons of chocolate chips
3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Whisk eggs, with butter and sugar for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Mash bananas in a bowl with the milk and set aside
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Stir in the banana mixture with the egg mixture and pour into the bowl with the flour and other dry ingredients. Pour in the teaspoon of vanilla and fold in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut
- Grease the muffin trays with some butter and use an ice cream scoop to scoop the mixture into the muffin pans
- Bake for 45mins to an hour. To test if its done, stick a toothpick in the muffin and if its comes out dry and its brown, it is done.
- Allow muffin to cool. Serve with either icing sugar and sprinkles or whipped cream.